The Purehold Anti-Bacterial Door Lever Cover is a self-cleaning, antimicrobial door handle cover, that effortlessly “clips” onto your existing lever handle and has been proven to kill Coronavirus, Vaccinia Virus and the H1N1 virus.
Using silver technology, the coating combats pathogens deposited onto the surface by users and then works continuously, 24/7. Aimed at reducing cross-contamination from one user to the next, the Purehold LEVER is easily installed onto door handles by simply “snapping” into place in under 30 seconds. It’s perfect for all lever handle doors!
There is both a Straight and RTD design available to fit most most lever door handles.
Each door handle cover provides protection against germs for up to six months and has a special indicator installed which will turn red when it needs to be replaced.
The Purehold Anti-Bacterial Door Lever Cover will fit most lever door handles around the world. There are two variations as follows:
- LEVER STRAIGHT – will fit
- DIAMETER : 18mm, 19mm, 20mm, 21mm or 22mm
- LENGTH : any size between 100mm to 150mm
- LEVER RTD – will fit
- DIAMETER : 18mm, 19mm, 20mm, 21mm, or 22mm
- LENGTH : any size between 110mm to 140mm
Please identify which type of door handles you have at your site (i.e. Straight or RTD) and then order the appropriate level cover.
- Proven in the lab to kill 99.9% of bacteria, using silver technology embedded into handle surface (independently tested to ISO 22196).
- Proven in the field to be 96.4% cleaner than standard door handles (independently tested).
- BS ISO Certified to ISO 22196 & ISO 21702 – Tested against Human Coronavirus and Vaccinia Virus.
- Simply clipped over existing lever door handles, the Purehold LEVER can be fitted in less than 30 seconds and requires no tools or experience.
- VHR Technology now comes as standard with all Purehold PULL, PUSH & LEVER handles!
- No chemicals or poisons – simply harmless silver ions.
- Can help improve hygiene and reduce costly staff sickness & disruption – The annual cost of a handle is less than the cost of even a single days’ basic salary at the Minimum Wage Rate.
- Lasts 6 months once fitted, with timestrip indicator to prompt replacement when needed.
- Extremely robust and sturdy, with no maintenance required.
- Stylish look to complement your existing door handles.
- Can be recycled.
How It Works
- Microbes are deposited onto the door handle by users.
- Silver ions (Ag) penetrate the cell membrane of the microbe.
- The ions suffocate the microbe and attack it’s DNA to prevent reproduction.
Common microbes found on door furniture include E-coli, Salmonella, Camplylobacteur and Staph Aureus.
ISO 21702:2019 (measurement of antiviral activity on plastics and other non-porous surfaces). Coating was shown to:
- Proven to Kill Human Coronavirus 229E.
- Proven to Kill Vaccinia Virus.
ISO 22196:2011 (measure of antibacterial activity on plastics and other surfaces). Coating was shown to:
- Kill 99.99% of E-coli.
- Kill 99.99% of Staph Aureus.
- Kill 98.6% of Salmonella.
Field Trials :
- 3 door locations selected (Male toilet, female toilet and busy canteen).
- Stainless steel door handles provided benchmark.
- 2 swabs taken from each door handle trialled.
- 3 separate field trials undertaken.
- Purehold Antibacterial coating showed to be 96.4% (on average) cleaner than stainless steel.
Ideal for offices, schools, restaurants, leisure centres and more in environments where doors cannot be help open to prevent as limited surface-contact as possible which is vital in helping to prevent the spread of germs during the Covid-19 pandemic.